Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2014 07:00

PowerEdge T310 Fan Noise

I've found numerous dated articles on line regarding the issue with these Dell PowerEdge T310's and their fan noise. 

I've updated the BIOS to the latest version from 1.1 to 1.2 but the problem still continues. The system spins up the fans to max as soon as the system is switched on and keeps them at that speed for the entire duration of the system being on.

One of my past colleagues had install Ubuntu on the system and the fans used to slow down once it had booted into the OS. We're currently trying to rebuild the server but have ran into this problem which is so loud it's impossible to work in the same large room as it.

Please advise! 

2 Posts

July 8th, 2014 09:00

Hey Chris, 

Thanks for getting back to me. How would I go about finding out the IDrac version? 

The server is currently running Ubuntu so I can't easily run the nicely packaged .exe's is there another solution for the update?

Thanks,

• 

8.4K Posts

July 8th, 2014 09:00

Daavem,

The fans are actually controller by the BMC/ESM/iDrac in the server. So the BIOS update wasn't likely to resolve the issue. What revision is the BMC/iDrac currently at? The current one is located here - iDrac6 1.97 - http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=G6N28&fileId=3377085390&osCode=RH60&productCode=poweredge-t310&languageCode=EN&categoryId=ES

If you are really far behind on the updates then let me know prior to jumping all the way to current. 

Let me know.

No Events found!