This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 4th, 2018 21:00

Poweredge 2950 drac5 web interface not working

Hello
I have little an unusual problem

we have Poweredge 2950 with drac5 which web interface is not working
server has failed storage battery and everytime when we needed to reset it we used web interface to do so
but from Yesterday web interface just now working and we have power failure
basicly we need just to login to web interface launch console and press F1 to boot (failed storage battery)

what the problem
well web interface not working (we have ssh to drac)
and no one really know where server is physically and i mean really no one this server is somewhere in 14 story building and the people who installed it no longer have been working here for many years (if ever worked here)

our DataBase is in that server and we badly need it

i can't find way to "force" boot from ssh
Yesterday a walked 5 hour with monitor and keyboard in hand but i can't find the server
i tried to call former colleagues and ask if anyone know where is that server without success

i'm junior sysadmin and currently only admin in company
as i say in that server is our DataBase we don't have backup (yea i know)
basically no one can work before i fix it

i need a way to "press F1" from ssh or to start web interface
or if that isn't possible
maybe a way to access hard drives to copy db

• 

6.2K Posts

September 5th, 2018 10:00

Hello

Some of our servers have an option in the BMC or System BIOS to enable or disable (F1) stop on error. I reviewed the BIOS settings for the 2950 and did not see that option. You can try clearing the system event/hardware log and restarting the system. You may want to view the system event log before clearing it to see if any other errors are reported. I think the commands to clear and restart would be something like this:

racadm clrsel
racadm serveraction powercycle

You can verify the correct syntax in the racadm CLI guide. It should be on the support page of OpenManage Server Administrator. The last version of OMSA I show supported on the 2950 is 7.4, so I would look on the support page of OMSA 7.4.

http://www.dell.com/openmanagemanuals/

If clearing the log does not resolve the issue then you are probably going to need to locate the server. There may be some other issue keeping the system from booting and the DRAC embedded web server from working.

Thanks

No Events found!