Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2013 12:00

Poweredge R310, no power

Hi,

I would really appreciate some help with my server, there is no sign of power apart from the std led on the mother board and the ID light flashing blue a number of times and then orange.  Its as dead as a dodo.

I have changed the power supply and its no better.

any ideas?  I have tried the usual and unplugged everything from the mother board..

Cheers

3 Posts

Hi, thanks for the response.

I haven't reseated the processor but I can do that, it has a non redundant but I know that works..  

there are no error codes on the lcd system, the only lights are the one on the mother board and the ID light.

I have removed the ram and still nothing, it just doesn't turn over at all.  

unfortunately the warranty has expired.

• 

8.7K Posts

The other step to try is to hold in the I button on the front for 5-10 seconds and it should show what step it is on or if it is getting anywhere, but based on what you have described it probably is the motherboard.

• 

8.7K Posts

It could be a bad motherboard or processor. Have you tried just a single memory stick? Can you reseat the processor? Is the system under warranty? Are there any error codes on the system LCD? Does it have a single or redundant power supply configuration?

3 Posts

August 14th, 2013 13:00

held the button down and nothing at all.  oh dear, I guess the chances of getting a board are slim to nothing

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

August 14th, 2013 14:00

• 

8.7K Posts

August 14th, 2013 14:00

Check the cables from the control panel with the power button to the motherboard as well, sometimes reseating this will help. You can probably buy the replacement board from sales or call support and pay the out of warranty support fees. The server is a new enough model that parts should still be available.

No Events found!