Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

March 9th, 2016 20:00

Poweredge R710 turned off but all status LED lights in backplane are lit.

I was hoping to maybe find some answers here but my poweredge R710 has just recently or at least I just noticed that the status lights in the drive's back plane are all lit.  This is the 8 - 2.5 drives chassis.  Is this normal?  What I've done so far is to unplug the power from the PSU for at least 10 hours.  When I checked back again all the lights were still turned on in the back plane.

• 

8.5K Posts

March 10th, 2016 05:00

Ibuyufo,

The PowerEdge R710 features a Status LED on the drive carrier with one LED per drive carrier. The Status LED is only functional in the presence of Hardware RAID (PERC6). In the event that Hardware RAID (ROMB) is disabled, the Status LED will remain in the off state.

Are you saying that with the server disconnected from a power source, your Status LED is still lit?

6 Posts

March 10th, 2016 08:00

Hi Chris.  This is the weirdest thing.  I reinstalled Windows 2012 R2 yesterday and now when I shut the system off, the backplane lights are off!  Could it be a role that was installed in windows 2012?

6 Posts

March 10th, 2016 08:00

Hi Chris,

Yes, after unplugging the cord from the power supply or at least 8 hours, the status lights in the back plane were still on.  I have the 2.5" drive chassis so 8 LEDs are lit an amber color when the system is off.

The system does have a perc 6/i card in it with a battery back up.  Ever seen anything like this before?

No Events found!