Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

RL

March 27th, 2017 21:00

Poweredge T110 Re-install Keyboard Keys

Hi

I need to repair the R2008 server OS as I have some corrupted system files (my guess). I believe we can power down and reboot to the windows installation window by pressing some keys on the keyboard on boot-up.  Can anyone tell me what are the keys to press on boot-up?

Thank you and regards

Richard

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

No, SHIFT-0 doesn't do anything. F8 will normally let you do a startup repair, run chkdsk, bootrec commands, and access the file system. If not, you can boot to the media to make those repairs.

What is the issue?

Hi

Thank you for the prompt reply. Can F8 get me into to recovery environment. Can I do a repair in the recovery environment? I can't re-install as it is the DC of our network.

I remember doing a re-install on my laptop with pressing shift 0 on boot-up. 

Thanks again

Richard

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

F8 will get you into a few options. If you need to actually boot to the installation media (not the recovery environment), then you will need to make sure the DVD/USB is set ahead of the hard drive C: in the BIOS boot sequence.

March 27th, 2017 22:00

Hi

I am trying to install sql server via roles in server manager. It shows error and won't display. I checked around and ended up with a 'checkSUR.log' stating some missing component keys. Was not able to go through the steps to repair and thought that maybe an OS repair might replace the missing files or whatever.

Thanks

Richard

No Events found!