Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2015 13:00

Poweredge T410 Power Supply Replacement

I work for a small business and we recently replaced our thick client, and after talking to my boss I was given our old one, it is a Poweredge T410.

It has a bad power supply, the model of it is a N525e-00, appears to be a standard ATX power supply, I looked around inside and noted that the hard drive rack uses a proprietary connector, much like a 4 pin cpu power strip, and all of the cabling of the power supply is modular.

Looking up this power supply in particular, a replacement will run me a whopping $80, and its only 525W. While that's fine for what it used to do, I plan on this server replacing my current desktop; I'm throwing in more hard drives and a graphics card for games, so I will need more than that.

After some research I found that an 875W power supply out of a Precision T5400 will run me much less and provide the power I need. It also comes with a new wiring harness that appears to have more molex connectors and such. Its part number is N875E-00.

Can I install a N875E-00 and the T5400 wiring harness into my T410 and have it work?

1 Message

May 2nd, 2019 08:00

By this time, you may have purchased the Precison PS and found that the 8 pin connector to the MB has square and round pins that probably don't fit.  

No Events found!