Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 22nd, 2017 12:00

Precision T7600 PERC H710P battery problems

I have a Precision T7600 with a PERC H710P controller, firmware package version 21.0.2-0002, and am having battery issues -- I've seen similar problems elsewhere on this forum, but not with the same configuration.  It seems like the solution is to update the firmware, but I have been unsuccessful finding the correct firmware update for my (Windows 10) system.  Where can I find the proper update?  Thanks ahead of time.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

March 24th, 2017 10:00

Hmm ... interesting. 16-bit installer will only run on 32-bit OS's.

Easiest thing to do then would be to boot Ubuntu and run the update from there. Or a DOS or even a WinPE disc.

March 24th, 2017 10:00

Thank you, but I have tried that one before.  Here's what happens when I try to run it:

Dialog box:

Unsupported 16-bit Application

The program or feature "\??\C:\dell\Drivers\MX8HH\MegaFl.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.  Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available.

Command prompt screen:

This version of C:\dell\Drivers\MX8HH\MegaFl.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.  Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher.

I got this same message (or something very close) when I tried to install this back when I had Windows 7 (64-bit). It may be the correct firmware, but apparently the programs provided to install it don't run on 64 bit Windows.

Any suggestions?

March 24th, 2017 11:00

Thank you, I booted from FREEDOS installed by rufus onto a stick, and the update worked great.

No Events found!