Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2016 22:00

R510 Not posting

I ordered a dell R510 12 port and it arrived today.  I had it delivered to my house as the building we work at doesn't take shipments after 5.  Now, I originally ordered it without a raid controller but after talking with the company they realized that their site doesn't offer just cables (as I had a spare H700 for the unit) and said they'd include some.  Well I guess they installed the raid controller as well so that was a bonus.

However, the thing won't boot.  I plug in the power cables, monitor, keyboard, etc.  and press power and the fans start, the hard drives go through their power on cycles with the raid controller.  Two drives have solid green lights but I don't think that's the issue as I removed the drives and had the same problem.

Now I've done everything I could think of.  I stripped it down to no hdd's, 1 cpu, 1 stick of ram, nothing but monitor and power.  Nothing.  Just sits there with that orange/amber light mocking me.

I know that it's telling me there is a fault, but when none of the quad LED lights come on to indicate an error IDK what to do (the 1,2,3,4).  No video comes through on the monitor (it works we borrowed it from a workstation), and the keyboard and mouse don't receive power.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 21st, 2016 15:00

Hello.

stripping down the system was a good idea, Consider stripping down with the following components:

• System board
  • Expansion riser
  • CPU1 with heat sink (minimum for troubleshooting)
  • One memory DIMM in DIMM 0 slot
  • Control panel with cable
  • PSU for Mack 4; 1 PSU, PDB, and PSU-to-PDB connector board for Mack 8, 12

No Events found!