Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2015 07:00

R710 iDRAC6 enterprise webgui problem

I've got an R710 where the webgui works (kindof), but it seems that it can't pull any information about the server into the web interface. The pages load and the links work, but every page leaves every field blank. It looks like the iDRAC can't communicate with whatever it is that provides this information. Power control and the virtual console also don't work. All firmware is updated to the latest versions.

Has anyone else seen this issue before?

• 

8.5K Posts

December 22nd, 2015 13:00

Rcski77,

I would start by verifying the R710 is up to date on BIOS, iDrac, as well as controller. The iDrac being out of date can cause the issues you are seeing, but you need to upgrade the BIOS up with it if they are both behind.

Another thing to look at is the browser you are using. Does the same thing happen with other browsers?

Let me know what you see.

6 Posts

December 30th, 2015 10:00

Here's a screenshot of what I see using (from left to right): Chrome, IE, and Edge.

BIOS is at 6.4.0
iDrac 2.80
Lifecycle 1.7.5

28 Posts

January 6th, 2016 14:00

Try installing Dell OpenManage Server Administrator Managed Node(windows - 64 bit) v.8.2 Link as follows onto the machine.

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;fileId=3498564511&osCode=W12R2&productCode=poweredge-r710&languageCode=EN&categoryId=SM

See if this pulls any information through. Normally it updates the IDRAC with any information it finds.

How to as follows: www.youtube.com/watch

Let me know how you get on!

Kind regards,

Ashley C.

6 Posts

January 6th, 2016 19:00

Thanks Ashley,

I was able to install OMSA in Windows Server on the R710 and it seems to be able to pull in all the information about the server hardware.

When I login on the IDRAC though I still get the same result as before, every page showing as undefined or with blank fields.

6 Posts

January 6th, 2016 21:00

I would also like to add that racadm power on and off commands do work from a remote computer.

28 Posts

January 7th, 2016 06:00

Hello,

Well this is strange, have you tried a different IP Config and Network Cable try adding the IP into compatible view and clear cache.

6 Posts

January 7th, 2016 12:00

I tried resetting the idrac so that it went back to its default IP of 192.168.0.120. I was able to connect to that from my workstation, but still have the same problem. I am using IE with compatibility view and I cleared the cache. I also tried using Chrome and got the same result.

I did also try using a different network cable.

28 Posts

January 7th, 2016 14:00

Could you try swapping out the IDRAC? with a spare or another one and see if thats any good?

6 Posts

January 7th, 2016 16:00

If I had another I would, it's in a homelab and it's the only one I've got. I tried taking out the enterprise card and just running it with the express and the problem persists, so I feel like it's probably the IDRAC daughter card that's bad. I just can't think of anything else to even try at this point.

28 Posts

January 8th, 2016 07:00

Hi Rcski,

It seems no dell support people have jumped onto this, I have R710 in my home lab to and it only messes up like this in certain browsers. Safari on iPhone always seems to run the smoothest weirdly.

I would probably advise giving Dell a call but most likely they will ask you to extend your warranty to speak to a support person. Its a bit of a blank wall here.

If your willing enough I would replace anything to do with the IDRAC, but I'm unsure on price of these parts you can pick up an R710 for £150 off ebay these days.

Did Google reveal anything useful? You might just need to use OSMA for the time being...

No Events found!