Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

CP

March 11th, 2018 16:00

R720 Firmware upgrade problem (Bios/IDRAC) - USB Support is diabled

Hi all,

i am facing a problem while Bios / IDrac upgrade.

1) Bios upgrade(2.5.4) error message

Execution Status :
Parition Failure - Could not find where the dynamic partition was mounted; possible cause : USB support is disabled

2) IDrac upgrade(2.50.50.50) error messge

Inventory collection Failed

Anyone could advise how to fix it?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 12th, 2018 07:00

Chanwoo.park,

The issue you 're seeing is likely due to updating through OpenManage Essentials, under certain circumstances using OME to update systems firmware inband may result in the Parition Failure error or a Failed to access Virtual USB Device error. This is caused by having write access to the maser partition disabled, due to either a Group Policy or a 3rd party security suite. If the write access is disabled updates will fail with those errors. To correct the issue you can update Out of Band using the iDRAC or you can temporarily remove the policy blocking write access to Removable media to update and then afterwards reenable.

Also, it may help if you private message me the svc tag, so that I can verify the hardware installed. 

Let me know if this helps. 

May 11th, 2018 22:00

Yeah.. this message comes up just running a BIOS update file from download as well..

1 Message

September 15th, 2018 15:00

I am having the same issue. Tried installing updates manually and both fail with same results.

September 17th, 2018 00:00

Hi guys,

I have the same issue using the SUU. The error is:

Parition Failure - Could not find where the dynamic partition was mounted; possible cause: USB support is disabled.

Did you have found a fix?

Regards,
Andrea

September 17th, 2018 05:00

Hi guys,

I resolved installing the BIOS update from iDRAC manually.

Thanks,

Andrea

September 17th, 2018 08:00

Same message on an R230 for the OS Collector.. started a support chat..

No Events found!