Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

2 Posts

April 15th, 2019 14:00

R815 Not optimal memory configuration. Four CPUs

Hello, 

I have two identical r815 4-cpu servers. I bought some extra memory and end up with the following mixes:

Server 1: 4x16Gb RDIMM + 4x4Gb RDIMM. Using slots ABCD in identical placement: 16Gb on #1, 4Gb on #2

Server 2: 16x4Gb RDIMM. Using slots ABCD in identical placement: 4Gb on each of #1, #2, #3, #4

Unused memory: 4x4Gb RDIMM

I comply with all the handbook's specification as much as I could understand it, however, I get the "memory configuration not optimal" warning for both of them :(.  Where is my mistake? Also, can I use the four unused 4Gb modules? or should I first buy other 4 first in order to have a pair per CPU?

Thank you very much!

Patricio

• 

6.2K Posts

April 15th, 2019 16:00

Hello

Server 2 should have a supported configuration. I suggest that you review the hardware logs and check for any errors or faulty modules.

Server 1 is not in a supported configuration. If you are not using a supported or optimal configuration the system should give a warning message. If the system BIOS supports flexible memory configurations then the memory may still function in a non-optimal configuration.

Thanks

No Events found!