Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2010 07:00

Repository Manager error - is not able to verify the signature

Hi

Im just trying to get Repository Manager working - I have a Desktop PC which its installed onto and it has Internet Access

Ive clicked the automatic update via FTP repository message

I can see the bundles of software for the Dell Servers So ive unticked all of them except teh R710 Build 340 and choose too save as SUU

Right clicked it and chose Export - soon after I get the message

"Downloader is not able to verify the signature of the http://ftp.dell.com/lifecycleControler/DRVPK_APP_WIN_R247548.exe

I can browse to the folder location but typing that URL in Internet Explorer

Any Ideas

347 Posts

July 7th, 2010 09:00

the key here is to save the catalog to your system first, then make the SUU disc. This method allows you to retry/continue the dnload if there is a verification failure on a file.

8 Posts

July 9th, 2010 03:00

Ive savd the catalogclicked on retry on all the errors about verfiying hte files till it got to the end

Then i point ot the local repository which has 3 bunldes for the dell 2950 , R710 and 1750 Servers

I click check plugin etc... Then when i try to export to SUU or ISO it still fails with

Downloader is not able to verify the signature of 'C:\Dell-Repository\SAS-Non-RAID\DVDR_WIN_R170407.EXE"

I click OK - but does that mean its created my SUU in the directory specified during hte export

However tthe ISO is never created

347 Posts

July 9th, 2010 14:00

sounds like you have it right. Does it fail on the same file everytime, if so, does it exist on your system?
you may want to try recreating the bundle, Just to be sure, here are  the steps to do this:

when Repository Manager (RM) is first opened, it attempts to connect to ftp.dell.com. if successful, all bundles on the support site are listed.
you choose your bundles for your platforms, then select Export, click Next
On the next screen, you should be choosing to save as a NEW repository
add name/Description and Next, the bundles should save rather quickly, and say that the bundles exported successfully.
If this takes more than 30 seconds, you probably have a slow connection.
In the upper left corner of repository manager, you should see the title of the repository you just created.
In the bundles listing in the main pane, select All, which will check all the bundles listed
Then click the floppy image in the upper right corner.
this will prompt you for a save location for the catalog.xml file (which is also where many of the bundle component folders will be placed)
it is at this point that the actual packages are being copied to your system from the ftp site. if you go to the folder that you specified for the save, you can see various folders being populated ex. diags, esm, firmware etc.
if you see popups about signature verification, just click retry and the files will continue to dnload.
Normally, you wont see the same error message for the same file, and when complete, you can verify the file did download.
at this point, you should be back in RM and should see your bundles listing as before.
with all of them selected, click Export again. you dont have to check the plugin, once the plugin has been dnloaded, RM just checks to see if one is on the system before the SUU options are enabled. The Export as SUU will become enabled after a few seconds (30 seconds max normally) 
click Export as SUU iso or directory (using the directory works great on a USB key or share)
Click Next and decide where the files will be placed (prefer an empty folder)

Note: you don’t even need an internet connection at this point since the source files are already on your system.

The files should be placed in the selected folder.

8 Posts

July 12th, 2010 09:00

I did exactly as mentioned - but  just save 3 bundles for the PE 1950, PE2950 and R710 servers as that all I have here

The save works but the Export to SUU fails with

Downloader is not able to verify the signature of "C;\Repository\SAS=Non-RAID\DRVR_WIN_R170409.EXE"

8 Posts

July 18th, 2010 14:00

Just to add i ram the same install using dell repository manager 1.1.70 msi on my home PC 

Installs fine but when i create the SUU iso it fails with the downaloder is not able to verify errors and i have to click finish to run the suu iso again and end up in the same circle again

Can sum1 try and download from the DELL FTP Site the R710 PE 1950 and PE2950 updates and create a repository and export and tll me if it works

8 Posts

July 23rd, 2010 15:00

On VM it does the same im sure there is some corruption on DELL FTP ste with the files

17 Posts

August 13th, 2010 06:00

Hello,

i have the same issue today. i try to download the system windows bundles for poweredge r710 + r910...

i always get the message "downloader is not able to verify the signature of 'c:\repository\diags\DIAGS_APP_WIN_R268484.EXE'

when i delete this exe file and retry the export to suu progress i get another failure 'downloader is not able to verify the signature of - a lifecycle controller file'

i downloaded the 8 GB om630_suu_a00.iso and moved the files from this iso in the folders with the failed files - but still the same messages

this repository manager has so many failures and costs so much time  - i hate using this tool :-(

347 Posts

August 13th, 2010 09:00

I have to admit, I too have seen that on occasion. what I have done is turn off the network connection wired/wireless and it all works fine then. I have sent an email to my buddy at dell about this, he says its being worked and should be resolved in a future release.

8 Posts

I did try too , but once you have the files copied locally and you try and export to SUU ISO - i stil comes up with these errors.

347 Posts

did you follow the steps I posted on July 9th? if you use this process, you can retry and the files WILL dnload properly. when it is finished, all the files will be there and will be correct.

8 Posts

August 16th, 2010 08:00

I think its best to save the catalog.xml first - one for each model server as I only have 3 models.

Then you more of a chance of puling the files intact down on the client end.

Im yet to take the server of tteh network to see if the export to suu or iso works fine everytime

17 Posts

August 16th, 2010 08:00

there have to be some corrupt files on the ftp. i downloaded the bundles now 3-4 times from different locations (office / home / friend). always the same, when creating the SUU directory or ISO , it will end in the "cannot verify signature" error message. so at the moment its no possible to create an ISO or directory for the usb key with specific firmware. :-(

17 Posts

August 16th, 2010 09:00

i had errors with the diag tool, one network firmware and the lifecycle controller. the problem is that all poweredge servers are using this diagnostic tool and all of this network cards can be used  in nearly every poweredge server, so it wont matter if i download only for the pe r710 or r910.... its the same corrupt file

17 Posts

August 17th, 2010 03:00

i am a little bit confused now, when i download only single r710 bundles - the suu to directory works !

when i download only r910 single bundles - the suu to directory works !

when i download both (r910/r710) bundles in one repository and try the "suu to directory" option i still get the "cannot verifiy signature" error .....

8 Posts

August 17th, 2010 04:00

Dell repository Manager sounds like its the biggest piece of junk theyve written, I cant get it to work even though I have the R710 and R1950 and R2950 repositories on my local server and the EXport to SUU fails on cannot verify signature - tried it with and without the network connections active.

If someone knows where i can report to DELL please let me know I have Dell Pro Support but not sure which department looks after it

No Events found!