reybeast1
3 Argentium

Re: Repository Manager error - is not able to verify the signature

I have to admit, I too have seen that on occasion. what I have done is turn off the network connection wired/wireless and it all works fine then. I have sent an email to my buddy at dell about this, he says its being worked and should be resolved in a future release.

0 Kudos
Kupiter
1 Copper

there have to be some corrupt files on the ftp. i downloaded the bundles now 3-4 times from different locations (office / home / friend). always the same, when creating the SUU directory or ISO , it will end in the "cannot verify signature" error message. so at the moment its no possible to create an ISO or directory for the usb key with specific firmware. 😞

0 Kudos
rborhara
1 Copper

I think its best to save the catalog.xml first - one for each model server as I only have 3 models.

Then you more of a chance of puling the files intact down on the client end.

Im yet to take the server of tteh network to see if the export to suu or iso works fine everytime

0 Kudos
Kupiter
1 Copper

i had errors with the diag tool, one network firmware and the lifecycle controller. the problem is that all poweredge servers are using this diagnostic tool and all of this network cards can be used  in nearly every poweredge server, so it wont matter if i download only for the pe r710 or r910.... its the same corrupt file

0 Kudos
Kupiter
1 Copper

i am a little bit confused now, when i download only single r710 bundles - the suu to directory works !

when i download only r910 single bundles - the suu to directory works !

when i download both (r910/r710) bundles in one repository and try the "suu to directory" option i still get the "cannot verifiy signature" error .....

0 Kudos
rborhara
1 Copper

Dell repository Manager sounds like its the biggest piece of junk theyve written, I cant get it to work even though I have the R710 and R1950 and R2950 repositories on my local server and the EXport to SUU fails on cannot verify signature - tried it with and without the network connections active.

If someone knows where i can report to DELL please let me know I have Dell Pro Support but not sure which department looks after it

0 Kudos
Kupiter
1 Copper

at the moment it seems not to be possible to add more than one server firmware to the repository. before 1 hour i downloaded only  the repository for one server. downloaded the r710 v350 repository as single, and the r910 repository as single. with both single repositorys i can use the suu to directory option !!

but when i add both servers firmware (r710/r910) to one repository -> save them -> export to suu directory always fails ....

0 Kudos
Kupiter
1 Copper

i phoned with the dell support. it seems to be a problem with european users. this verifying signature problem is a known problem and they are working on it. but it wont be possible to create an own firmware suu directory with more then one repository of different server types until the next RM release or a patch.

they told me "most of our customers are using the double layer dvd to upgrade the firmware. so we dont have so much experiences with the repository manager." this sentence makes me a little bit angry...

but now i wont waste any more time in creating my own firmware suu for the usb stick.

regards

0 Kudos
Tcheky.Carmen
1 Copper

Dell repository Manager sounds like its the biggest piece of junk theyve written, I cant get it to work even though I have the R710 and R1950 and R2950 repositories on my local server and the EXport to SUU fails on cannot verify signature - tried it with and without the network connections active.

If someone knows where i can report to DELL please let me know I have Dell Pro Support but not sure which department looks after it

Got the workaround? Thanks very much! It's very long now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
LeVar.Albright
1 Copper

Ive savd the catalogclicked on retry on all the errors about verfiying hte files till it got to the end

Then i point ot the local repository which has 3 bunldes for the dell 2950 , R710 and 1750 Servers

I click check plugin etc... Then when i try to export to SUU or ISO it still fails with

Downloader is not able to verify the signature of 'C:\Dell-Repository\SAS-Non-RAID\DVDR_WIN_R170407.EXE"

I click OK - but does that mean its created my SUU in the directory specified during hte export

However tthe ISO is never created

Many thanks to your description! I got more deep understanding about this part, This is what I'm looking for.
0 Kudos