Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 16th, 2014 17:00

SUP0538: Unable to update Emerson 750W PSU (PN: 79RDR), 07.09.50, A02.

Hello,

I'm trying to udate the FW of a power supply of a poweredge 720xd server, but he update keeps failing

I tried to do the update from WIndows 2012 R2 using update package : Power_Firmware_838YW_WN64_07.09.50_A02.EXE

The package runs succesfull, but the at the rebot the server just justs down and does noet restart (Waited 30 minutes). Powering on the server using the iDRAC works

From the lyfecycle log

SUP0538: Unable to update Emerson 750W PSU (PN: 79RDR), 07.09.50, A02.
 2014-09-17T01:17:51-0500
Log Sequence Number: 7288
Detailed Description:
Unable to update firmware due to one the following: 1) Update Package is not supported. 2) Trusted Platform Module feature is enabled in BIOS settings.
Recommended Action:
Retry the operation. If the problem persists, do one of the following and retry the operation: 1) Download the latest Update Package from your service provider. 2) Disable the Trusted Platform Module feature in BIOS settings. 3) Update the Lifecycle Controller firmware to the latest version.
The TPM of shis server is NOT enabled
Please advise

16 Posts

September 17th, 2014 18:00

Josh,

I have found the solution to my problem. I performed a reset of the iDrac controller, and after this retried the FW upgrade from the OS. This time the upgrade was successfull and the server powered on by itself.

Alfter checking the FW version from OMSa i could verify the Firmware is nog up-to-date

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Tom

• 

8.7K Posts

September 16th, 2014 18:00

Hi Tom,

Is the lifecycle controller out of date? Try updating that.

You may also want to try to update from within the lifecycle controller using the platform updates option to update the power supply firmware.

16 Posts

September 17th, 2014 09:00

Josh,

Thanks for your reply.The upgrade of the powersupply is part of an update of alle the Drivers/Firmwares of this server, so all other firmware/drivers of this server are the latest version from SUU 14.07.

The version of the lifecycle controller is 1.4.2.12, the same version as the link in your reply

Kind regards,

Tom Regeer

16 Posts

September 17th, 2014 18:00

Josh,

I just tried to upgrade de Power supply using the lyfecycle controller. After coosing update i got the same screen as i got when the system reboted after I updated the FW from the os. I get some (i think from the lyfecycle controler) screen with a progressbar and a process timeout of 10 minutes. The progress bar advances until about 20 seconds and then the system sudenly shuts down.

At his point i alread can see the error message in the lyfecycle log from de idrac interface. and the server stays off until i power it on using the idrac interface

Regards,

Tom

No Events found!