Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

July 17th, 2017 12:00

Second Power Supply

I need to add a second power supply to a PowerEdge R520 ( ).  It has 1100 watt PSU now, can I add this GYH9V ?

• 

6.2K Posts

July 17th, 2017 14:00

Hello

Yes, that PSU should work. There are several 1100w redundant PSUs that are validated for the R520. All of them should work, and you should be able to mix them without issue.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

July 17th, 2017 15:00

Did we just get the wrong item shipped?

You received the correct part. Both of the 1100w PSUs in your picture are DC. It is two part numbers for the same part. If you look at the manufacturing part number(2MCCT) you will notice they are the same. You would have received the same power supply by ordering either of those.

I show both of those part numbers contain the exact same parts. I don't know why there is a price disparity between them.

I have limited access to sales tools, but in my list of items available for sale as new on the R520 I only show DC power supplies. Anything that is not being sold as new will only be available through spare parts sales.

Thanks

2 Posts

July 17th, 2017 15:00

Thanks for your response Daniel, I had an issue with the part that I ordered.  I ordered the 450-ADZC and it should have been the AC unit.  But instead I got a DC unit, 331-5927.  Did we just get the wrong item shipped?

No Events found!