Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 22nd, 2015 23:00

Severer going to Hang after some time (Dell PE R-610)

Dear Team, 

I am facing problem with Dell Server R610 the server after some time later going hang and do not working anything keyboard/ mouse.  The server running with windows server 2003 and SQL server 2005. Last day i am replace PERC card and update BIOS, Firmware/ Driver version for this issue and server run smoothly 18 hour, but today morning server again going to  hang. Please help me on this.

Regards

Razu

• 

8.8K Posts

June 23rd, 2015 09:00

Razu.Sisip,

I would first start with testing the servers hardware. You can do that in and out of the OS. in the OS you would use Dell Online Diagnostics, and outside the OS you would use 32 Bit Diagnostics. Run either of those and let me know if anything shows up. If the hardware is clean the issue may lie in the OS itself. Have you tried a chkdsk /r /f from within the OS? Any errors?

Let  me know what you see.

9 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 22:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your feed back. I will run D-Set tools in the server but i did not get any hardware error on the server.  But i see abnormal hot temperature in PERC card after 1 or 2 min later when i start the server.

I cannot testing with 32 Bit diagnostic and Dell Online Diagnostics. Please help me/ suggest me  how can i do solve this issue. 

9 Posts

June 28th, 2015 01:00

Dear Concern,

I am waiting for your valuable reply with helpful suggestion, please help me on emergency basis.  This is our production server so that the server is hamper in our business.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

June 28th, 2015 08:00

I cannot testing with 32 Bit diagnostic and Dell Online Diagnostics

Why not?

9 Posts

July 1st, 2015 22:00

Hi Team,

I am run 32 bit diagnosis  and online diagnosis in the server, we just see the Error code: 2900:0221.
Msg: IPMI - : System Board: Cable/ Interconnect sensor (Riser config) Configuration Error "System Board".  Now please help me on this ASAP.

9 Posts

July 5th, 2015 21:00

Hi Chris,

I am waiting  for your valuable replay. How can i solve this issue. Please help me on this. 

• 

8.8K Posts

July 6th, 2015 08:00

The 2900 series errors are normally reporting a previous error in hardware log. If you go to the iDrac Hardware log, what is the date on the error? If it from a previous date you can delete it and the 2900 error will not show in the diag. If the diagnostic comes back clean after that then it is likely not an issue with the hardware, and may be a driver or OS issue.

Also when you updated, how far back was the server before. As well as what all was updated? 

I ask because if it was far behind in updates, then something not updated may be having communication issues with the more currently updated devices. Just to check.

9 Posts

July 7th, 2015 23:00

I am check the iDRAC hardware log there is no 2900 related error and several time i am install windows for this issue but problem is not solve. All driver/ firmware are install successfully when i install driver/ firmware.

• 

8.8K Posts

July 13th, 2015 06:00

The error won't be reflecting 2900 since that is a error code only used by 32bit diagnostics. If there is any errors present then clear the log. After that 32bit Diags won't report that error. 

9 Posts

July 14th, 2015 02:00

I am already clear all the hardware log. But problem is not solve yet. The server going hang everyday. I want to solution for fix the issue. If you have an any idea please share with me.

• 

8.8K Posts

July 14th, 2015 11:00

So after clearing the hardware log, have you rerun the 32bit diagnostic? Is it reporting any errors?

If you look in the OS log, are there any errors being shown that corresponds to the time the server freezes?

No Events found!