Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 9th, 2013 05:00

Steps for install Raid 1 H310 card + additional HDD on T320 server?

Greeting all,

I am now using no raid , no controller, 1 HDD. (non hotplug) running on windows small business 2011 Essentials.

Recently I purchased a H310 raid card + 1 identical HDD (non hotplug) to do a Raid 1 configuration.

Before installing these 2 components, what do I need to prepare/do before taking down Server?

Also, Anyone could link me a guide to installation ? (Before, install, and after )

Thanks! 

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

March 9th, 2013 09:00

You will need to backup and restore for this one.  Configuring RAID will destroy the data on the existing disk.  Because the H310 supports non-RAID, you "might" be able to put both disks on the H310 in non-RAID mode, but performance wise, you'd be probably better off with them attached to the motherboard in a Windows-managed RAID 1/mirror.

Backup, add disks to H310, configure RAID, restore (this would need to be a file-level backup/restore, or your backup utility would need to support restoring to a different controller, capable of adding the driver in the process).

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

March 9th, 2013 16:00

Yes, if you want to configure a RAID 1 on the controller, then enter its configuration utility (CTRL-R) and configure, what will probably be listed as, an Integrated Mirror (IM).

21 Posts

March 9th, 2013 15:00

Thank you theflash1932 :)

May I ask some more detail about config the raid card?

Is it done via Bios menu ? And how should I config it ?

Thanks!

21 Posts

March 9th, 2013 16:00

Thanks!

No Events found!