T610 error while booting

Hi,

when booting the T610 I Get the following errors

1. system service disabled

2.intialing remote access control

3. idrac communication failure 

4. alert! idrac6 not responding 

and then system reboots

i treid already to power cycly and takeout the battery. the raid controller works. 

can anyone help me with the issue?

idrac communication failureidrac communication failureidrac communication failureidrac communication failureidrac communication failureidrac communication failurebios ver 6.4.0bios ver 6.4.0system service disabled errorsystem service disabled errorThank you i appreciate your time

• 

6.2K Posts

April 10th, 2018 16:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

6 Posts

April 11th, 2018 06:00

I sent it.

Thank you

• 

6.2K Posts

April 11th, 2018 09:00

Thank you for the service tag.

The iDRAC must be functional for the system services/LCC to load properly. The iDRAC initialization/communication issue should be resolved before attempting to troubleshoot the other issues. If you resolve the iDRAC issues then the other issues will likely be resolved as well.

Most of the iDRAC express modules on our 11th generation servers are removable. I suggest reseating the express module. The express module is a rectangular black plastic device about 1"x2". It usually has a single metal clip holding it in place. I suggest following normal procedures for hardware removal, disconnect all power and use steps to avoid electrostatic discharge. If the issue persists after reseating the express module then I suggest replacing the module. We do not stock the module by itself. We only stock the module as part of a system board kit, but you may be able to find the module available by itself from resellers.

Also, before replacing any parts I would take the system to minimum-to-POST. Incompatible or faulty hardware can cause initialization issues with other hardware in the system.

Thanks

April 11th, 2018 15:00

You can try re-enabling the lifecycle controller (System services) by going through the BIOS.

Press F2 to enter system setup, when you see the Dell splash screen.

Select "iDRAC Settings"

Select "Lifecycle Controller"

Then make sure the "Enabled" radio button is selected.

Then reboot.

(You may have to change the BIOS boot mode to "UEFI" in order to get the above menu. Make sure to change it back before booting back to windows.)

6 Posts

Actually i didn't have a idrac express card. so i bought one online and i still had the same error.

so what should i do next step?

6 Posts

@DELL-Daniel Mywrote:

Thank you for the service tag.

Also, before replacing any parts I would take the system to minimum-to-POST. Incompatible or faulty hardware can cause initialization issues with other hardware in the system.

what means "minimum-to-POST."

6 Posts

April 12th, 2018 06:00

i enabled UEFI but i cant seem to find "Select "iDRAC Settings""

and in UEFI manger i also see system service disabled but no option to renablUEFI managerUEFI manager

6 Posts

April 12th, 2018 09:00

If you installed or replaced the iDRAC express module and still receive initialization/communication errors then I suspect the issue is with the BMC

so next thing to try is to change the motherboard?

• 

6.2K Posts

April 12th, 2018 09:00

@astern70 wrote:

what means "minimum-to-POST."

It is the minimum required components for the system to complete Power On Self Test. The minimum required hardware can be different for each server. The purpose is to reduce the number of possible hardware devices that can be causing the issue. I don't show the minimum required components listed in the manual for the T610. Here is a list of minimum-to-POST components from internal documentation:

•System Board
•Processor with Heatsink
•Single Memory in dual in-line memory module (DIMM) Socket A1
•Power Supply
•Power Distribution Board
•Control Panel

The iDRAC is a layered hardware device. The base component is the BMC, which is integrated into the system board. The iDRAC express module takes over as the BMC if it is installed. If an iDRAC enterprise module is installed it will add more features to the iDRAC express. Each one of these requires the layer below it to be functional, so if the BMC is not working the iDRAC express will not work.

If you installed or replaced the iDRAC express module and still receive initialization/communication errors then I suspect the issue is with the BMC. If the issue persists at minimum-to-POST after draining flea power and clearing NVRAM via jumper then you will likely need to replace the system board to resolve the issue.

Thanks

July 8th, 2023 20:00

i have this too but no post 

• 

4.1K Posts

July 9th, 2023 22:00

Hello thanks for choosing Dell. Could you be more specific so that we can help troubleshoot the issue further?

No Events found!