Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2012 00:00

The iPass/HIC in PowerEdge C6145 for connecting to C410x

Hi guys,

My institute recently bought 10 of C6145, with a C410x and found Tesla GPGPU cards. The sale rep from Dell told us we will need a iPass/HIC PCI-E adapter in a host for connecting to the C410x chassis, so we bought two to be installed in one C6145.

After we received the gears and racked them all up, we found that each C6145 actually equips with one iPass/HIC  , I can tell it's an onboard one, locates bottom right of the chassis. Of course we have one C6145 that has two iPass/HIC on it (the onboard one as well as the add-on adapter).

Now I am confused, if the iPass/HIC PCI-E adapter is needed in the first place, why the C6145 still has a onboard one? Or it's just a dummy connector which is not functional at all? (but why??)

Cheers,

Derrick

April 27th, 2012 14:00

Derrick,

It depends on the Configuration of the C6145. If you ordered a MEZZ card in the C6145 configuration then the Sale Rep would have added the iPASS/HIC card. This is because the MEZZ card slot and the onboard iPASS/HIC are on the Same IOH and could cause a performance issue. For more info that might help you in your C6145 and C410X setup read the following:

en.community.dell.com/.../hpl-performance-on-pe-c6145-and-c410x.aspx

Thanks,

Donald  

No Events found!