Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

July 16th, 2018 15:00

The system board 5V PG voltage is outside of range

Hi.

I have a Dell PowerEdge R520. The server has 2 CPU's and 4x8Gb DIMM's (2 for each CPU)

As the server powers on it tests the memory and the starts to initialise iDRAC. During the iDRAC initialise the server just powers off. I have tried all the methods by draining the power after 30sec then powering back on. removed CPU2 and its RAM. Still nothing. Some bizare comments I have seen is change performance settings to lowest (Not possible if you can't get passed iDRAC or even into it.)

So is there a way to reset to factory? Could this be damaged power supplies? This seems to have happened after a bios and iDRAC update. There must be some way around this. Please help.

Regards

Darrell

• 

6.2K Posts

July 16th, 2018 17:00

Hello

If you have redundant PSUs you can try them one at a time in each slot to rule out a power supply unit or power distribution board issue.

Since it is making it all the way to iDRAC initialization before restarting I would not think it is a PSU or PDB issue. It sounds like the iDRAC is causing a critical failure when it tries to load. You can try clearing NVRAM via jumper. The iDRAC is embedded into the system board. You can find information about jumpers in the system manual.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

No Events found!