Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2014 15:00

USC/iDRAC problems on T310

Hi guys, I hope one of you can help me.

We have two T310 servers at work, and both of them came up with the "System Services update required" error at startup.  After quite a few unsuccessful attempts at updating the Lifecycle controller firmware with the "Update failure : The File copied did not match the original file" error, I came across this article:  [View:www.dell.com/.../ArticleIframeView]

After doing exactly as it said, now I can't get the computer to recognize the Unified Server Configurator at all.  Every time I try to update it, be it from the Dell Linux-based update utility or from Windows, I get this error: "This Update Package is not compatible with your system configuration."  I can't access the web interface so I can't use the .usc repair tool, but I can ping it.  I've tried many hard resets.  I assume the fix would have something to do with using the ipmitool, since that's what seemed to screw it up more?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• 

8.5K Posts

December 30th, 2014 17:00

Hi,

Try running the LCC update from command line in Windows with a /f and see if forcing it works. For getting into the iDRAC, did you change the IP address in the ctrl+E setup? If you install OMSA or DRAC tools in the OS you can try to use the repair package from command line with racadm

racadm fwupdate -d

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=28KFC&fileId=3365343263&osCode=WS8R2&productCode=poweredge-t310&languageCode=EN&categoryId=SM

3 Posts

Hi Josh, thanks for your reply!

Sadly, neither of those things worked.  Forcing the update only works in silent mode, so when I did that, I got no feedback from the program.  When I rebooted the server, I still got the update required message, and when I tried to run the update after forcing it, it still gave me the same error message.

The racadm command generated the following error: "This Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller does not support RACADM commands. Please contact Dell Customer Service to upgrade your version of iDRAC."

3 Posts

I forgot to mention, I did change the IP through CTRL+E.  Also, I tried the SBUU again just now to see if it detected the Lifecycle controller after the attempted forced update--it still doesn't.

No Events found!