Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

6 Posts

March 17th, 2019 23:00

Unable to start Dell OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA)

We have removed some expired certificate from the Dell PowerEdge servers and then found that the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) could not be started.

Please let us know how to resolve the issue ?

• 

8.8K Posts

March 18th, 2019 07:00

WyattWong,

The easiest solution would be to uninstall OMSA completely and then reinstall. That should present the certificate and resolve the issue. 

Let me know how it goes.

6 Posts

March 18th, 2019 08:00

I have already done this and it doesn’t work at all

• 

8.8K Posts

March 21st, 2019 11:00

What are you seeing when you start it, errors and such?

6 Posts

March 22nd, 2019 02:00

For one of the Dell servers, after double clicked the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator, the IE showed the following URL and just keep loading with a blank content page.

https:// :1311/?authType=ntlm&locallogin=true&application=omsa

For other Dell servers, after double clicked the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator, I just got page not found error.

• 

8.8K Posts

March 22nd, 2019 11:00

Has it worked previously or is the a new configuration?

Have you tried another browser?

Is this local or remote, proxy?

6 Posts

April 15th, 2019 18:00

The Dell Administrator console works previously in the same Dell servers. But after I removed the outdated certificates, the Dell Administrator console no longer works. Even after I restored the certificates from another Dell Server, the Dell Administrator console failed to startup.

The Dell Administrator console is of course local. Since the servers only installed IE by default, I have not tried on other browser. The Dell Servers are either installed with IE9 (for Windows Server 2008 SP2) or IE11 (for Windows Server 2008 R2)

6 Posts

September 12th, 2019 20:00

Is there any update on the following ? Could the issue be related to TLS setting ?

1 Message

November 30th, 2023 01:42

I know this is old thread but I figured out a quick trick you might want try.

Use Chrome!  (download it if you have to) then drop in the path that failed >   

https://<your server>:1311/?authType=ntlm&locallogin=true&application=omsa.   

it will complain that "Your connection is not private", no worries, select "Advanced" button and then "Proceed to <Your Server> (unsafe)"  -  

You might get a browser challenge popup for userid / pw from OPENMANAGE, but I just canceled that - i had to retry and cancel a couple times.  Then magically the OPENMANAGE came up!  On one machine it gave an OPENMANAGE signon screen, I used my domain\userid and pw then I got right in.    It indicates "Not Secure" in the URL but i dont care, i know where i am and what im accessing. 

This just worked on all three of these... 

Dell PE T610 windows server 2008 r2 &

Dell PE R730/PE 9050  win server 2012 R2.  

It got me out of figuring anything out\installing new versions of OPENMANGE or fiddling with certificates... 

Also what's nice and you may know already, but you can drop that same URL in your local workstation browser and should be able to access OPENMANAGE from you desk (if allowed on your network) for those servers- i can access all from chrome tabs at my desk.  no cold noisy server room or rdp needed.

Hope this might help someone else - Cheers.

No Events found!