Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2017 12:00

booting up Server

When the server boots up it get stuck at scanning devices.  I ran a hardware diagnostics and it errors out at 89% with the message Error Code 2000-0251 and Validation 72164

• 

6.2K Posts

October 27th, 2017 14:00

Hello

I can't say for sure without knowing what server you have, but I think that code means that there are warning messages in the logs. Our diagnostic utilities will not run if there are errors in the logs, they will give an error that there are log errors and stop. You will need to clear the log before running diagnostics. You should save the log before clearing it.

Thanks

October 30th, 2017 05:00

I also went into the life cycle controller and found nothing

October 30th, 2017 05:00

I have a dell Poweredge r420.  Bios ver 1.5.2 and I cant seem to find the logs to delete.  I went into the IDRAC settings - system event log and selected yes to clear records.

Life cycle controller

October 30th, 2017 06:00

When running diagnostics I receive an error on the 1st hard drive .

Error code 2000-0251

Validation 72164

October 30th, 2017 09:00

What I also gfound inthe log was error code 2000-0251 with a validation code of 104729,  both say update BIOS and rerun diags I am running Ubuntu 16.04 32 bit server and am not sure which BIOS update to use.

• 

6.2K Posts

November 1st, 2017 10:00

2000-0251

That code means there are errors in the system event log. Once you clear the BMC/system event log it should proceed to the diagnostics. You can review the diagnostic error codes under the PSA/ePSA section of the troubleshooting guide of the server. The guide is in the manuals sections:

www.dell.com/support/home/product-support/product/poweredge-r420/

both say update BIOS and rerun diags I am running Ubuntu 16.04 32 bit server and am not sure which BIOS update to use

I'm not aware of any update packages that support Ubuntu. You can use Windows 32-bit DUPs to perform updates through the update and rollback section of the iDRAC web interface. It will upload the files from your computer to the iDRAC through the browser. Later versions of the iDRAC7/8 should support 64-bit DUPs as well.

Not all updates are supported through the iDRAC web GUI. You can boot to our support live image and use RHEL updates for any that are unsupported on the iDRAC:

www.dell.com/support/contents/article/product-support/self-support-knowledgebase/enterprise-resource-center/enterprise-tools/support-live-image

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

November 1st, 2017 12:00

I am assuming it is not Operating system specific, is this correct.

It is operating system specific, it runs under DOS. The instructions are listed in your post. You boot to DOS and run the executable from that OS.

Thanks

November 1st, 2017 12:00

I am a newbie to the server world and found this bios update that is non packaged.  I am assuming it is not Operating system specific, is this correct.  

File Format:Non-Packaged
File Name:R420-020402C.exe
Download Type:HTTP
File Size: 3 MB
Format Description:This file format consists of a BIOS-executable file. To use it, download the file and copy it to a DOS-bootable USB flash drive, then boot the system to the USB flash drive and run the program.
No Events found!