Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 14th, 2012 15:00

dell PE 2500 BACK PLANE TERMINATOR

How do you terminate a Dell PE 2500 Back Plane. Upon booting, my PERC 3/DI controller is not detecting the drives when windows 2003 server start , it is asking to terminate or is it my back-plane is shot.

• 

6.2K Posts

September 14th, 2012 15:00

Hello trwalkert

Termination is built into the backplane. If you are getting an error that it is not terminated then I would try reseating the controller, cables, backplane, and HDDs. If that does not resolve the issue then see if the error still occurs with the HDDs removed. The issue can be caused by anything on the bus disrupting the signal, so it is not necessarily a backplane problem. The most likely part would be a backplane, but it could also be cables, HDDs, or the controller itself.

Thanks

3 Posts

September 14th, 2012 16:00

Thanks Daniel

I have tried swapping the cables,  using another PERC 3/SC controller. I will try cleaning the board and reseating every thing. oh I am using the integrated controller with a single drive on CH 0 with the back-plane on CH 1.

3 Posts

September 14th, 2012 16:00

Thanks Daniel

I have tried swapping the cables,  using another PERC 3/SC controller. I will try cleaning the board and reseating every thing. oh I am using the integrated controller with a single drive on CH 0 with the back-plane on CH 1

No Events found!