Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 23rd, 2015 19:00

iDRAC7 Power Configuration setting

Hi!

Please help me!

When I set iDRAC on R820 , first time I found the setting menu but next time I can't find it.

The setting menu is "Power Supply Capacity Alert :Enabled or Disabled". 

Why the menu does not show? And How can I set this again?

2 Posts

July 30th, 2015 19:00

Hi Chris,

I met this case twice. First time , I didn't update firmwear.  I only changed  iDrac setting and back it  to default. But this mother board  got out of order soon. So this may be one of reasons.
Next time this menu disappeared ,  I update iDrac version 1.66 to 2.10.10.  So your point  is right. Thank you.

• 

8.8K Posts

July 24th, 2015 09:00

Noos, 

Have you updated/backflashed the iDrac firmware between the time you saw "Power Supply Capacity Alert: Enabled or Disabled", and now that you are not? If so then it was likely added/removed by the update. I am researching the issue to see if that is actually the case. Another thing to do to test this would be to copy down the iDrac configuration info (ip address and such) and then do a racadm racresetcfg on the iDrac to return it to factory defaults. When you access the iDrac to reconfigure it,  and Power Supply Capacity Alert: Enabled or Disabled isn't present, then it is a case of it not being on that revision of the iDrac firmware.

Let me know.

No Events found!