Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 19th, 2013 17:00

iDRAC7 virtual console - connection error. will not open

hi all

sorry, but i haven't had this issue before - my team mate has given me his r720 to reimage with ESXi5.1 - no worries, but when i log into the iDRAC7 and go to launch virtual console, the connection fails. I can see the little window. the server is up and running.

i tried it on another PC in case it was mine after wiping all my local internet history etc.

the same problem is there.

is this firmware? and something is wrong? i don't know what state this server was in before i was given it...i am new and grown like a mushroom :)

thanks in advance

3 Posts

February 21st, 2013 14:00

apologies, i should have put more information on here!

i use Firefox. the iDRAC isn't blocked in any way. and I tried switching from native to java in the configuration of the virtual console.

I solved this by actually rolling BACK my Java! I was on Java 7 update 13...it liked Java 6 update 22.

weird.

thanks!

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

February 19th, 2013 21:00

Hi,

Which plugin are you using? You can check this from "Server -> Console" page. Check Plugin Type. If it is "Native" you need to make sure to configure Internet Explorer to allow Activex Plugin installation. (Add iDRAC IP/Hostname to Trusted Sites and Security level as Medium). If you are using Java plugin make sure JRE 6 or above is installed on the client. More information available on iDRAC7 user Guide (Link mentioned below). Refer section "Configuring Web Browsers to Use Virtual Console"

ftp.dell.com/.../integrated-dell-remote-access-cntrllr-7-v1.30.30_User%27s%20Guide_en-us.pdf

3 Posts

February 21st, 2013 14:00

also this can be closed, thanks for being so quick with advice. :)

No Events found!