Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 30th, 2015 10:00

iDrac 2.21.21.21 virtual console port bug

Hi all,

we have a R430 with an idrac 8.

We need to access to the virtual console, and, for many reasons, we need that its port is different from the default one (5900), let's say 5905.
Everything works fine with the firmware 2.15.10.10.

Today, we upgraded the firmware with Lifecycle Controller v.2.21.21.21 and the virtual console has stop working: when Java runs, after several seconds, a warning popup appears with the message "the network connection has been dropped".

We tested it without firewalls or other NAT between, so we think it's a bug of the 2.21.21.21 version.
With the new version, the virtual console works only if the port is configured to 5900.

We did a rollback to the version 2.15.10.10 and everything works fine again, also with a non-standard port.

Anyone with the same issue?

Bye

• 

6.2K Posts

December 30th, 2015 15:00

Hello

I just tested this and could not reproduce the issue. Have you been able to reproduce this on another system?

I would start by trying a new port number that hasn't been used to see if it may be a caching issue. If the issue still persists then reset the iDRAC to defaults to generate a new configuration file. The file may have been corrupted during the firmware upgrade.

Thanks

6 Posts

December 31st, 2015 06:00

Hello,

we unpacked another server, same series and equipment and we tested out the same update, and it went fine.

We tried again on the first server and this time the update went fine!

So probabily something gone wrong during the upgrade. I don't think it was a chace problem because we tested the login with a Firefox private session.

Thank you for the support and happy new year!

No Events found!