Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2016 10:00

iDrac Enterprise 6 in R610

I purchase a Dell iDrac Ent 6 board which I have placed in a R610 server.  The iDrac version is 1.70. I'd like to update it. What file should I use? Link?

Associated with that I am having trouble launching the virtual console. I received support with this issue before, but can't remember the process to fix it. It included associating a certain java file with Chrome browser and something similar with IE.

The service tag of the server is .

Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 8th, 2016 15:00

Hello.

Before updating the iDRAC, first of all update the system BIOS followed by LifeCycle Controller(LCC) and then iDRAC. See links below:

BIOS 6.4.0: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

iDRAC 1.85: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;fileId=3521762827&osCode=WS8R2&productCode=poweredge-r610&categoryId=ES

iDRAC 1.92: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;driverId=KG43R

iDRAC 2.85: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;driverId=J7YYK

LCC 1.7.5: www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

After these updates, try re-launching the virtual console.

April 11th, 2016 07:00

Thanks for your help. The BIOS and LCC updated proerly. The iDRAC 1.85 when uploaded indicated that it was the wrong format.  The other iDRAC links were invalid.

April 11th, 2016 07:00

The "viewer.jnlp" file downloads when I attempt to launch the virtual console.  I seem to recall from a previous support case that this file needs to have the appropriate association.  I don't remember the correct association for this file.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 11th, 2016 08:00

I was able to open the links. Find here the parent page for the relevant links: downloads.dell.com/.../poweredge-r610.html You can attempt to upgrade directly to iDRAC 2.85

Try to clear the web browser cache and add the iDRAC URL to the trusted sites; from the settings on the Virtual Console select Plug-in Type as Native instead of Java and allow for full access under Default action upon session sharing request timeout. Ensure you have the latest version of Java running.

April 11th, 2016 08:00

When using Internet Explorer 11 I get "The webpage cannot be found" on all tabs after login. The file "viewer.jnlp" downloads when I use Chrome upon trying to launch the virtual console.

No Events found!