Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

6 Posts

December 19th, 2018 22:00

iDrac Port is not blinking.

I have r720 server when i connect cable to iDRAC port it is not blinking.. How i set iDRAC and access it please guide

3 Apprentice

• 

944 Posts

December 20th, 2018 07:00

First, can you ping the idrac IP address? Sometimes the lights stop working, its rare, but I have seen this happen.
Then, I usually try the network cable going to the idrac in another network port to make sure the cable is good and has an active connection at the other end. if you are sure its a good cable and it can provide link, reboot the system gracefully, then press F2 to go into the bios. Once the system gets to the "bios menu" the second choice is for configuring the idrac. Choose that, then check the network configuration, make sure its set to enabled and that its set to the dedicated nic port, not a shared LOM (integrated nic). 

• 

8.8K Posts

December 20th, 2018 07:00

Waheeds,

The first thing I would look into is if you have the iDrac Enterprise license, as it is required to use the Dedicated iDrac Mgmt port. After that verify that the iDrac Network port is alos set to Dedicated as well. 

Let me know

6 Posts

December 21st, 2018 00:00

Dear Sir,

Bundle of Thanks for reply.. There is no any option of dedicated in NIC selection tab. Showing only four options LOM!, LOM2, LOM3..... I have selected LOM 2 It is working properly Sir..... IDRAC licence.jpg

6 Posts

December 21st, 2018 00:00

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your response, I have just change to LOM2 it is working. And there is no any option for "dedicated" in NIC selection tab....

6 Posts

March 5th, 2019 02:00

I have access server through omsa it is not showing dedicated port.. but in details it is showing that idrac port present.. I am using idrac Device Type iDRAC7 Express iDRAC Ports Present I have not licence I think it has expired.. So how i set this and go back please guide

• 

8.8K Posts

March 5th, 2019 08:00

If you didn't export the license previously then you will have to go to your account portal to get the license details. 

No Events found!