Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 8th, 2012 09:00

iDrac6 Enterprise for T310 K869T or J675T ?

I am looking to purchase an IDrac6 Enterprise card for a T310. Using Dell's website I cannot find the appropriate part so I am forced to look at resellers that appear to sell them.

The problem is that they quote different part numbers K869T and J675T. The images appear to be the same.

What is the difference between these two parts ? Which one is most suitable for the T310 ?

• 

8.8K Posts

Yes sir, the Enterprise needs the Express to be present to work. The part numbers are the same part, just different sources.

28 Posts

Another question.... I see on one website this statement;

"iDRAC6 Enterprise will not work without iDRAC6 Express"

Is this true ?

21 Posts

February 26th, 2014 21:00

I am a bit confuse here, what do you mean the part number if the same but difference source?  As I am trying to enable DRAC ability on a R610.  It doesn't come with any DRAC card, not even the port is there

July 27th, 2014 04:00

You may be slightly wide of the mark there without knowing it, iDRAC Express doesn't have a port, as it doesn't feature out-of-band management or virtual console. Unless you've made some hefty customisations however, all 500 series and higher Dell servers come with iDRAC Express as standard.

You can tell if you open up your server and look at the mainboard, the two are separate modules with separate conenctors on the mainboard. It will look like a small black plate about the size of a matchbox but not as thick, lying flat against the mainboard, NOT that near to the ports on the back, slightly closer to the middle of the board. It will have the standard Dell colour-coded "blue for non-hotswap" clip that you can open (with the power off) to remove it from the board and the port underneath will actually be labelled "iDRAC Express".

If you've got that then it's just the separate Enterprise module you need and it's that which adds the extra port to the back for out-of-band management and virtual console during boot, etc.

Hope that helps!

Andy.

No Events found!