Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

MH

March 23rd, 2016 05:00

iKVM is not working in Dell Blade M1000e Encloser

Hello expert,

I have a problem now with our Dell Blade encloser m1000e. Recently i didnt get any display at all through iKVM via KVM switch. I have checked with separate monitor and KB but no luck. Also check with front panel connection still no display. But i can login via webconsole and access all the server. There is showing no error in CMC or front panel LCD display. I have checked the card also reset it via unplugged plugged it. There is no blue light showing only green light.

Thanks

• 

8.8K Posts

March 23rd, 2016 13:00

Masudul Haque Rajib,

To clarify configuration, if you are connecting a keyboard, video, and mouse to the enclosure front panel will disable video output to the iKVM back panel port, but won't interrupt the iDrac video or console redirection. With the ability to web console in it would appear the iKVM is functioning. What do you have currently connected to the M1000, as well as to the iKVM?

Let me know any additional details and we can move forward.

March 23rd, 2016 23:00

Hello Chris,

Thanks for replying. M1000e there is 12 blade server connected with 2xFC switch and 2xGB Ethernet switch, 2 CMC, 1 iKVM, 6 PSU. iKVM is connected by KVM switch with monitor and KB+Mouse. As I stated that I have manually unplugged and again plugged in the iKVM in blade encloser but no luck also restart the KVM switch. I have checked that i can access CMC webconsole so as every server iDRACs'. Checked the switch with different using different port also another RACK server, the switch is working well. The last thing is that iKVM didnot get any blue light on it after properly resetting and connecting, only green light showing.

• 

8.8K Posts

March 30th, 2016 06:00

The lack of blue light sounds like it isn't going into identification. When you access the CMC, if you select iKVM, then the Setup tab, is "Front Panel USB/Video Enabled" selected? If not check mark that and then verify if the video is working from the front of the chassis.

April 11th, 2016 05:00

Thanks Chris for replying.

When I have access the CMC, in iKVM tab this identified well.

i65.tinypic.com/e7auc4.jpg>

in iKVM Setup tab "Front Panel USB/Video Enabled" already selected but still no video is coming from front panel.

Rajib

1 Rookie

• 

64 Posts

March 19th, 2017 20:00

I think I might be having this problem too. Up until this point iKVM was working perfect. I plugged in four M910 and now I'm getting a blank screen and oscar is not responding to keyboard. As long as I only have one blade running oscar works, but as soon as I turn on more than one M910 and then switch using oscar the screen will flicker quickly with some text saying "signal out of range" and then go blank and not respond to keyboard input to switch to another slot. The only way I can get oscar to respond again is to physically reseat the blade, just turning the blade off doesn't fix it. I thought it might be a flaky iKVM card so I tried swapping it out with a spare, but I get the same problem.

No Events found!