Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2007 00:00

nic teaming

I have a PE2950, with two additional dual port Intel NICs. I would like to team the ports on each NIC together for a total of 3 teams (2x Broadcom, 2X Intel, 2X Intel)

Is this a possible configuration? The only way I can find to do this is to install both the BASP and Intel Teaming drivers. But according to Dell documentation it's NOT advised to install and use both vendor's drivers to enable teaming. The only way to create teams using one vendor's software/drivers is to mix the NICs together to create a team, which I don't want to do.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
--Ming

65 Posts

December 24th, 2007 18:00

Ming,
You are absolutely correct. Using each NICs drivers, the broadcom control suite is able to create a team across all the NICS. This is not a Dell supported feature which means it may work for you, it may not -- it was not designed to work this way.

Dell does support a team of the broadcoms and a separate team of the intel's. There's not a supported solution to teaming both however.

I hope that helps.

- Idaho Joe

15 Posts

March 28th, 2009 19:00

I have a similar issue, but with a little twist. I am havibng trouble just getting the two Broadcom NICs (5708) to work after teaming. I have no network connectivity after teaming. I updated the drivers and BACS software. It does the teaming without errors, but I cannot get any connectivety from the team.

Once that is working, I would kile to team the Intel Pro VT quad NIC I have with the Broadcom NICs. BACS seems to support it, but I cannot test it. I have looked high and low for Intell Pro VT teaming software, but can find none on the Dell site or Intel's site.

I have six NIC ports on a NF500 NAS. I would make sense to team them all together, but I'd settle for two teams. Right now, I'm desd in the water using individual NIC ports with individual IP addresses.

No Events found!