Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 16th, 2015 10:00

r410 ssd and caddy

We are replacing a failed R410 with a R430.

Thing is we would like to use the dell SSD disks from the R410 in the r430,

We have checked compatibility and it seems the H730P is okay  with the ssd drives (the drives are dell but purchased last year)

What we can't get an answer to is if we need new caddies.

• 

8.8K Posts

February 16th, 2015 13:00

Max_Williamson,

Unfortunately the R410's carrier will not work in the R430. The 13th generation carriers changed in design from the prior generations. To add to the issue, the R430 drive carriers are not sold individually by Dell. They only come on new hard drives, not separately. 

Hope this helps answer question.

10 Posts

February 18th, 2015 10:00

The drive trays are not available from Dell, but are available on eBay. Search 'Dell R430 tray' and you should find plenty. Just remember the screws. This is the toughest part to find separately. Hopefully your existing ones will work with the new trays.

February 20th, 2015 10:00

Thank you for your answers. Sorry for not replying sooner.

I am in the UK and at the moment the postage for "knock off" trays  is too expensive. I expect they will  remain expensive until several companies start stocking them.

As they are ssds we are going to temporarily fit them with foam and "sticky tape" !!! LOL! IT professionalism at its very worse.  

Thanks for the reminder about the screws!!! I have been caught out by this in the past. I eventually found some screws in an old HP server that fitted. I notice a seller on ebay selling a bag of "dell screws" for caddies. 

March 11th, 2015 08:00

Just received the 430 and while the new trays are noticeable different, the 410 trays fir in the 430.

Or to be more accurate some old 410 unofficial "Hong Kong" trays fit in the 430. 

No Events found!