Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2010 06:00

Broadcomm network card problem on R710

Hi,

I'm installing Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.4 (equivalent to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5) on a new R710. Had no problems with the install but all 4 network cards in the server will not come up. They all say "no link, check cable" when I try to activate them. I've checked cables and verified that they are plugged into the switch. The NIC lights on the back show link, but the OS just doesn't seem to be cooperating. I've tried adding the disable_msi=1 parameter to the bnx2 driver in modprobe.conf and rebooted the server with the same results. The NICs are Broadcom B5709 Netxtreme II with TOE enabled. I've also installed the Dell driver for the NICs and built it into the kernel as well. Still no luck.

If anyone has any ideas as to what I should try or if you've had experience getting those NICs to work under Linux, I'd appreciate some hints on how to get them working.

Thanks!

Mark

2 Posts

January 12th, 2010 08:00

This is fixed now. I had to install the latest dkms version from linux.dell.com, then apply the Dell dkms driver for the Broadcom nics, rather than building the one from the source tarball. All the nics are working great now!

Thanks,

Mark

No Events found!