Highlighted
Not applicable

OpenManage Default Login

I just installed OpenManage with giving any login credentials and now when I try to run it its asking me for the login. What is the default login for OpenManage??
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: OpenManage Default Login

Should be root / root password for a Linux box - not sure on the windows side of things.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Xenon

the Administrator account is the login for windows. You must have a password on the account or it wont let you in.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

What do you put in as the hostname or ip adress on a default install

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Tellurium

you should be able to login with this: https://localhost:1311

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

It gives malformed url as an error. Using just my hostname:1311 yeilds certificate error. Then, with just hostname:1311 and ignore certificate warnings checked the error message is internal error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

My default browser, Firefox, didn't like any of my password. However, taking the link "https://localhost:1311" and pasting into IE worked fine for me when using the local Server 2008 OS admin user name and password. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: OpenManage Default Login

Hey Guys,

I have 3 Servers that are Dell PowerEdge SC1435, PE2950 and a PE2850. I installed OMSA on all 3. It says if I have a password on the Admin Account it will let me login, However that is not the case I put in the host name, then username Administrator and the password and it erros out saying bad login credentials.

Could someone point me in the right direction on how I can resolve this.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
7 Thorium

The host name is not 'administrator'.

Username should be in the format: domain\username and its password. Don't check the Active Directory box if present.

User MUST be a member of the server's Administrator group or a Domain Admin. User MUST have a password.

Use IE, add server to Intranet Zone and try. You MUST be logged in as the admin user. Turn off IE Security Config (at least for administrators).

Highlighted
Not applicable

Well I figured it would be something of that sort, I knew administrator wasn't the host name sorry if I mis- spoke.

Thank you,

Michael

0 Kudos