Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2004 15:00

PowerEdge 2600 Integrated Device Questions

PowerEdge 2600 Integrated Device Questions

1.       What type of network controller does my server have?

2.       Where can I find the latest drivers for my system's network controller?

3.       What type of video controller does my server have?

4.       Where can I find the latest drivers for my system's video controller?

5.       What type of SCSI and Raid controllers are on the motherboard?

6.       Where can I find the latest drivers for my system's SCSI and Raid controllers

7.       What USB devices does my system support?

1.       What type of network controller does my server have?

The PowerEdge 2600 server contains an embedded copper gigabit Ethernet Intel PRO/1000 (82544GC) controller, capable of 10/100/1000Mbps speeds, half and full duplexing, and supports load-balancing and fault-tolerant teaming solutions. The controller also supports Wake-On-LAN (WOL) functionality in 10 or 100 bit mode and also supports Pre-Boot Execution (PXE) functionality.

For more detailed information about the Intel 82544GC please see the specifications found on Intel's website.

Optional PCI network controllers available (click on the name for documentation):

Intel Pro 100S with IPSEC Encryption
Intel Pro 1000XT 10/100/1000 (copper)
Intel Pro 1000MT (single and dual port) 10/100/1000 (copper)
Intel Pro 1000MF 10/100/1000 (fiber)
Broadcom NetXtreme 10/100/1000 (copper)

2.       Where can I find the latest drivers for my system's network controller?

Network Drivers for these Operating Systems can be downloaded from WWW.Dell.Com

Windows NT 4.0
Windows 2000 Server
Windows 2003 Server
Novell Netware
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1
Red Hat 9.0
Red Hat 8.0
Red Hat 7.3
MSDOS Utilities

3.       What type of video controller does my server have?

The PowerEdge 2600 server contains an embedded ATI Rage XL video controller with 8MB built-in (non-upgradeable) SDRAM dedicated memory.

The controller will support video resolutions of up to 1024x768 with 256 colors (8-bit color depth). DirectDraw and Direct3D are supported.

4.       Where can I find the latest drivers for my system's video controller?

Video Drivers for these Operating Systems can be downloaded from WWW.Dell.Com

Windows 2000 Server
Windows NT 4.0

The drivers for the ATI Rage XL video controller are native to these Operating Systems:
Windows 2003 Server
Novell Netware
Red Hat Linux

5.       What type of SCSI and Raid controllers are on the motherboard?

The PowerEdge 2600 has an embedded LSI Logic U320 SCSI controller, which is capable of utilizing up to the full 320MBps transfer speed of each connected device.

More information on the LSI53C1030 Ultra320 SCSI Controller can be found on the LSI Website.

More information on Ultra320 SCSI technology from the SCSI Trade Association (STA) can be found at the following link:

Ultra320 SCSI - Frequently Asked Questions

The second channel is capable of being ported to an external SCSI connector for use with external SCSI devices.

PowerEdge 2600 offers the new PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller (PERC) 4/Di. The Perc 4/di consists of an LSI 1030 chip on the motherboard to offer RAID control capabilities. Perc 4/di supports all single-ended and low-voltage differential (LVD) SCSI devices on Ultra2 and Wide SCSI channels with data transfer rates up to 320 MB/s (Megabytes per second).

With the addition of the ROMB (Raid On Mother Board) key, the embedded Perc 4/di RAID controller can be enabled converting one or both of the SCSI connectors on the motherboard RAID capability. The Perc 4/di includes a battery pack which supports read-ahead and write-back caching for read and write performance enhancement.

Below is the Dell Customer Kit for the Perc 4/di we currently offer for the PowerEdge 2600. Each Customer Kit will contain the RAID Key, RAID DIMM and RAID Battery as well as instructions. Activating the Raid Controller Online Documentation

340-7478       Perc 4/di Activation Kit

6.       Where can I find the latest drivers for my system's SCSI and Raid controllers

SCSI Configurationss

SCSI Drivers for these Operating Systems can be downloaded from WWW.Dell.Com

Windows 2000 Server
Windows NT 4.0
Novell Netware

The drivers for the LSI Logic Ultra3 SCSI controller are native to these Operating Systems:
Windows 2003 Server
Red Hat Linux (all recent versions)

Raid Configurations

Perc 4/di Firmware
Windows 2000 Server
Windows Server 2003
Windows NT 4.0
Novell Netware
Redhat Linux 9.x and Enterprise 2.1
Redhat Linux 8.x
Redhat Linux 7.3
Redhat Linux 7.2

The driver for the Perc 4/di controller is native to the Redhat Linux Enterprise 3.0

7.       What USB devices does my system support?

The PowerEdge 2600 server has an embedded USB 1.1 controller, which is designed to allow the use of USB keyboards and mice.

Due to the current industry demands of having server-class systems work as "headless" units (without having a monitor, mouse, and keyboard constantly connected), it was deemed necessary to allow systems to accommodate the hot-plugging of keyboards and mice via USB ports as needed, while the system remains in full operation.

Unfortunately, with the exception of the PowerEdge 400SC and the newest PowerEdge 700/750 server models, all PowerEdge systems have USB 1.1 functionality only.

No Responses!
No Events found!