sal.fresco
1 Copper

PowerEdge T605 - Windows 2003 Server bootloop

Hi.

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I could not find any info about it.

Here is a description of my problem:
At work I have a PowerEdge T605 with Windows 2003 Server, witch is a file server/Software RIP for a Heidelberg workflow.

Last Sunday, due to power failure, the server was shut down.
Monday morning I was unable to restart it. It loads the windows startup logo, but after a while it reboots.

I have no media (CD's, DVD's) for the installation. But I have (from another server) the cd set for W2003 server.

I was thinking of repairing/recovering the installation using this set of cd's.
Is it possible?

If so where can I find the correct drivers for SAS 6 (6.22.03.00) to use when Windows asks for them on the setup program (3rd party SCSI drivers - press F6 key)

Thanks for reading and any help will appreciated.

Have a great 2014!

Regards Sal

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: PowerEdge T605 - Windows 2003 Server bootloop

Good morning.

Can you confirm which controller you have installed on this server and is your Windows Server 2003  version x86 or x64? 

Thanks,

Geoff P
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device!
(iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
sal.fresco
1 Copper

Hello,

During POST:
HBA: 2
ID:
LUN:

Vendor: LSILogic

Product: SAS1068E-IR

Revision: 0.25.47.00

Windows is x64 - Processor is AMD Opteron (2352)

Thanks for helping me

0 Kudos

Here is the link to the driver: http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00353765M/1/SAS-RAID_Driver_8VMD9_WN32_1.28.03.01_A06.EXE  Download and extract these files to a floppy or USB key. 

Here is the link to the F6 USB utility:  

ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/utility/USBKeyPrepA07.exe 

Custom Instructions for USBKeyPrepA07.exe:

Extract Files

1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package.

2. Specify the location to unzip the files.

3. Click on the unzip button to extract files.

Install

See the extracted readme.txt file for detailed instructions on how to use the USBKeyPrepF6 utility.

Regards,

Geoff P
Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device!
(iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
theflash1932
5 Iridium

... OR if your system doesn't have a floppy disk and/or you can't get the USBKeyPrep utility to work (as it often doesn't):

You can use nLiteOS.com to integrate the drivers into your installation media.

0 Kudos