Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

2 Posts

October 5th, 2018 16:00

R730 - Installing 2016 Won't Detect Controller

I have a PowerEdge R730 that I'm forced to work with and it's bringing back all the reasons I use ProLiants. 

LifeCycle controller is fully updated, as is the driver pack. When it boots into the 2016 install it can't detect the SAS controller.

Manual install booting the 2016 media, downloading the PERC H730P Mini driver from the Dell website and loading it during install, doesn't detect compatible hardware. Uncheck "Hide drivers that aren't compatible" and try force it to use the driver (I know the controller is a Perc H730P Mini from iDRAC and this is the correct driver from the Dell site) and still no go.

Trying to get your OS installation to detect your controller was an issue like 10 years ago. Apparently, it's still an issue in the Dell world. 

Anyone have suggestions?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 5th, 2018 16:00

Had the same thing with an HP a bit ago. It all depends on the OS and server/controller you are using. You can even run into it on a desktop or laptop.

Does it fail loading the driver? or does it simply not find anything to install to? If it fails, what kind of message does it give? 

Did you create a Virtual Disk on the controller yet? You'll need to before Windows will be able to see anything to install to.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2018 18:00

Neither work, both the PERC H730P Mini or the PERC RAID Virtual Disk. Selecting either one attempts to load for a longer than usual time then comes back with the "No new devices drivers were found" message as shown below. What driver am I supposed to use here? Wasting a god awful amount of time on something that should be quite simple. 

load.PNGload1.PNG

No Events found!