Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2014 06:00

WMS 2012 falls back in console mode

Dear members

I hope I finally can find the answer this way to our annoying problem. 
I currently have two dell multipoint servers (Poweredge R320). Each connected with 15 Wyse E02 zero clients. 
One WMS is working like a charm. The other one often falls back in console mode. Last two weeks it worked okay, but today it was back in console mode. I tried to restart it several times, but even after five times, it wouldn't stay in station mode. After approximately five minutes, it went back into console mode turning the screens black of fifteen zero clients. 
I've already tried reinstalling the whole server, but it doesn't help. The only way I got it back working was to reinstall the graphic adapter (Matrox Renesas) after that and a restart, it went in station mode and stayed so. This happens very often. Sometimes it's okay for one day, sometimes for a week, but every time I have to restart the server and if that doesn't work reinstall the graphic adapter. 
Is anyone able to help me get a stable environment? I've installed the latest Windows Updates, but that doesn't seem to help... Is there a problem with our graphics adapter? 

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Jen

13 Posts

January 7th, 2015 02:00

Hi Bo Pham

Indeed, the problem is now occurring on the server that was working well. Even with no network cables attached, it won't boot in station mode. 

But... There is some light in the darkness. Today I deleted the NIC team configuration. And, after a reboot the multipoint just went in station mode. I couldn't believe my eyes... So, somehow the NIC team should have been the problem? How could that be possible. Unfortunately the server is connected with 1 nic now, that's not enough for a whole classroom with zero clients using a lot of bandwith. This issue should be solved.

Sincerely

Jen

261 Posts

January 7th, 2015 12:00

Thanks for the update Jen.  I've summarized your issue to get additional assistance. I'll get back with you soon as I get progress made. 

13 Posts

January 13th, 2015 01:00

Dear Bo Pham

Do you already have an update? Still running on one NIC...

261 Posts

January 13th, 2015 08:00

Sorry for the Delay Jen.  Please proceed with running an advanced DSET report on both servers.  I going to send you email so you can send back the reports for further review. 

No Events found!