Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 16th, 2008 05:00

Windows 2003 setup fails over DRAC4/i

Hi.

I am just installing Windows 2003 Std R2 Sp2 to PE 1850 over DRAC 4/i remote media feature. For some reason setup fails.

I have connected virtual media to Windows server 2003 iso image, i can boot PE 1850 from this image and start Windows setup. text mode (ie on blue background) portion succeeds. I can create partitions and file copying starts and goes without errors. Now, if new server restarts,  GUI mode setup starts and stops with error - "Setup was unable access files needed to continue. This could be caused by an error on the CD Media or the CD is no longer present in the drive."   Pressing "Retry" bombs back and pressing "Cancel" shows next error message- "An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from continuing. Internal Setup data structures are corrupted (phase 0). Press OK to view the Setup log files."

Virtula media is still connected. Drac firmware is 1.61 (latest).

It is possible at all? has somebody installed Windows server 2003 in this way?

Andres P

2 Posts

December 18th, 2008 01:00

I found solution - disable integrated CD device. Seems that windows setup searches only from first device.

1 Message

January 4th, 2014 22:00

Issue : I am trying to install Windows 2003 server r2 in dell poweredge 1850 using DRAC 4/i. But getting the below error.

Error: : setup was unable access files needed to continue.this could be caused by error on the CD media or the CD is no longer present in the drive.

Update : I have formatted the disk in RAID 1 and mounted the ISO and start the installation. The set up get copied and the server reboots to begin the installation post which i am getting the above error.

No hardware issues found in the server.

Any suggestion on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ramesh

No Events found!