Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2012 07:00

installing server 2011 essentials

I have a bare metal t110.  I want to install server 2011.  One way is to use unified server configurator but there is no tab to update.  I have Idrac6 but NOT express.  I would like to use the OS deployment but cannot get past the "driver Source" tab.  I could also just use the install disk but it is stopping at "cannot find" a primary drive (Ihave 4 500 gig and have set up a two disk raid 1 in percs100 configuration) and it is asking for drivers.  I cannot find them.  I have the latest t110-lifecycle controller update but have no idea how to update the server configurator.  Please help

Thank you

• 

8.8K Posts

November 26th, 2012 08:00

Buckberg.

To start off with, you should be able to use this bootable ISO to assist in the install. - www.dell.com/.../poweredge-t110

Also this is the driver file you will need to allow the install to see the S100 drives, if not using the ISO above. - www.dell.com/.../poweredge-t110

With updating the USC, you will always need to ensure that the iDrac is up to date and then you can update the USC. It is generally easier to update from the OS.

USC update - www.dell.com/.../poweredge-t110

Let me know how it goes.

No Events found!