Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2010 09:00

window Server 2003 installation

hi everybody

i want to purchase Dell optiplex 745 with following specification

Process: INTEL CORE 2 DUO 2.13GHZ

Motherboard: INTEL 965 EXPRESS CHIPSET with 1GB RAM

I am Student and I am planning to Install Windows Server 2003 on Dell optiplex 745

can I install Windows Server 2003 on this matchine as single or dual boot with windows XP Pro

if yes please help me how can i install windows Server 2003 on this computers?

is there any setting in BIOS before installing Server 2003 for this computer

please Guide me

REgards

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

October 25th, 2010 11:00

In theory this should be possible, but you are more likely to get answers about any snags you could run into by posting in the desktop section of these boards.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 25th, 2010 21:00

First obstacle you will probably encounter will be the storage drivers.  You will probably boot to the 2003 CD and it will say it cannot find any hard drives to install to.  If it does, you might be able to switch the SATA controller to ATA or Compatability Mode in BIOS Setup, but the best thing to do is to load the storage drivers at the F6 prompt during Windows Setup.  2003 requires a floppy disk to load the driver, so if you don't have a floppy drive/disk, you can use nLiteOS.com to integrate the driver into the installation media.

Since 2003 is not a supported OS on this machine, you can use the drivers from Intel for the 965 Express Chipset:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18860&lang=eng

After you get Windows installed, you can start with the Chipset drivers, then any other required drivers (video, audio, etc.).

You can dual boot just like you would any other OS.

October 26th, 2010 04:00

thanks

should i integrate all drivers of specific driver in to CD? if there are specific driver I will highly appreciate if you could let me know the Driver

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

October 26th, 2010 14:00

Not all drivers can be integrated in this manner ... some must be installed using a special installer.  If you are talking about the different driver files that show in nLite when you select Multiple Driver Files, then yes, select them all and use TextMode.

October 27th, 2010 04:00

Thank you very much

No Events found!