Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 14:00

Powervault 124t Post Fail Type(30)

Hi,

When I reboot my library 124t, I get the erreor message bellow. Can someone tell me what those this error mean

POST Fail
Type (30)
POC:00055
POH:00000:00:10 #012

Thank you

• 

6.9K Posts

July 29th, 2015 06:00

Hello YannP,

What the error code 30 means is that the PV124T can’t complete its Power On Self Test.  What is needed is to make sure that both magazines are seated in the system. If you only have one magazine then make sure that the right side blank is inserted as well.  What you can also do is to check to make sure that there is no media on the floor of the system & power cycle the system to see if error comes back.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

October 11th, 2017 11:00

I have the same error. I ensured the left side magazine and the right side plug are both securely in place. I've powered down and up several times. Opening the unit shows no problems, stuck tapes or the like. What is the next step to resolve this error? Thank you.

October 12th, 2017 08:00

Further details: The POST Failure Code 30 happens each power on cycle. After clearing the error, the LCD displays all normal menus and options. Controlling the unit via the onscreen menus it performs all functions normally; moves from any location to any location, recognizing magazine insertion including bar code scans of all tapes as well as performing a full cleaning cycle. SO it seems it's functioning correctly and just throwing a POST Error code 30 at power up.

• 

6.9K Posts

October 16th, 2017 09:00

Hello PDXDellMgr,

Have you tried to put just 2 tapes in slot 4 & 5 and run the random moves test about 20 cycles to see if it completes without any errors? It sounds like there may be an issue with your drive but would need to review the loader.txt file that can be saved from your PV124t Web utility to be sure.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!