Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

January 15th, 2018 20:00

Replacing a failed disk in MD3600f

Hi,

I am currently replacing a failed disk in our storage array. When I first installed the new drive I received an error that the drive is not supported. Upon some research I learned that I need to update the firmware on the drive. I located the updated firmware and went to install it.

I then receive an error "Error 249 - The physical disk firmware download operation failed because one or more of the physical disks you selected has a Bypassed or Offline status and is inaccessible. Please make sure the physical disks you selected do not have a status of Bypassed or Offline, and then retry the operation."

From what I can see, the status is still Incompatible but the Upgrade Capability is Online. The replacement disk is a Seagate ST4000NM0025 and the current firmware is N003 and I'm attempting to upgrade it to DS04 which is compatible with this raid controller.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

• 

7.1K Posts

January 16th, 2018 08:00

Hello Athryn82,

Does your replacement hard drive have a dell part# on it? With MD3xxx systems the drives need to have a Dell part# on the drive. Here is a link to the support matrix and if you look on page 28 it list the drive and the Dell part# that should be on the drive.

http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/md32xx_md36xx_supportmatrix_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

September 19th, 2022 00:00

I also facing issue after replacing Hard drive, its shows unassigned.

does it required Raid Firmware upgrade. Kindly suggest 

Thanks

• 

2.4K Posts

September 19th, 2022 03:00

Hi, Is there a Dell part number as Sam mentioned in a previous post? Have you checked the supported matrix list? The firmware updates can be helpful especially if you have replaced it with the same part number, check the hard drive firmware version you have installed.

No Events found!