Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2017 12:00

TL-4000 Cleaning Tape Woes

I'm having issues with replacing the cleaning tape.   As many already know here, dell ships their branded cleaning tapes with the CLNU00L1 label.

I've already tried to export the tape, inventory and then insert a replacement but it still lists the tape as expired as if it thinks its the same one.

I'm up on firmware for both the drives and the library (E.30, 3.20e, G9P1) LTO6 drives.

I've tried an aftermarket cleaning label but it doesn't recognize it.  It seems it must stick to the CLNUxx L1 format exactly or it just won't work.  The label I had was CLN010L6.

Can somebody list what to do step by step or at least tell me what section in the TL-4000 documentation this is listed?

1 Rookie

• 

427 Posts

December 14th, 2017 03:00

Hi

what is saying the tape is expired, software?

• 

7.1K Posts

December 19th, 2017 11:00

Hello Erick_T1138,

I am guessing that you are seeing this message from your TL4000 that the cleaning media is expired? This is due to your TL4000 keeping a record of all media that has entered the system. What you will need to do is to use a different bar code & that should allow your TL4000 to clean your drives.

Here is a link to the Barcode requirements for your TL4000. You can create your own barcodes using the guidelines in the document and that should allow your new clean media to be seen correctly. http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/barcodemedialabel_refernceguide7_en-us.pdf

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!