Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

6 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 10:00

Can't find iSCSI host ports from MD3200i

Hello,

I have an MD3200i storage array that is connected through a port directly to a Centos 7 server. This server is able to manage the storage array with MDSM and have some volumes attached.

But now, I need to attatch this storage array to a new Centos 7 server that is in a Vlan and I need to maintain the old configuration. In the storage array, I've set a new port and the new server can "ping" this port although when I try to discover the port using iscsiadm command, from this new server, it can't recognized it.

I discard network problems because I can telnet 3260 port from storage array and I have disabled local and external firewalls.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to attach the storage array to this new Centos 7 server?

I attach a graphic for further comprehension.

Thanks. 

image.png

• 

631 Posts

June 23rd, 2020 15:00

Hello cica_esp,

Since this is a new host you will need to configure host access on the MD3200i so that you can see the host port identifier and can see your virtual disks.  Here is the link to the administrator guide and if you look on page 55 it shows how to configure host access. https://dell.to/3dz6S1i

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!