Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2005 16:00

Help with PowerVault 200S Enclosure Module

I have a PowerVault 201s and I am setting up a cluster configuration using two servers running w2003 Enterprise.

I am having difficulty identifying the jumper settings for the modules.  The modules look different to those in the manual.  So wondering if anyone has any ideas regarding identifying the models and jumper settings for a cluster.

A white sticker with a bar code on the face of the module has a P/N PCA-500500       Rev 1.1

An orange sticker next to the scsi interface says:

One card:

DP/N0003065E- 13260- 983-A965
Rev. A00

Second card:

DP/N0003065E- 13260- 96U-A799
Rev. A00

Any ideas where i might be able to track this info down?

107 Posts

September 25th, 2005 00:00

Yellowpark,  The Dell part numbers you provided are for two cards, Part Number 3065E.   The last seven digits (983-A965 for one of the cards) give date of build and serial number identification.

For clustering you need a SEMM card, and the SEMM character set should appear somewhere on the card.   There is a jumper needed. It is labelled "Forced Join", and may be J8, if my memory is correct. Set this before turning on your system. The jumper is needed for both cards to share the same SCSI bus on the backplane.  If not there, the default is split bus mode and you will only see half the drives through each interface card.

1.2K Posts

September 26th, 2005 18:00

Here you go,

If the PV2xxS is intended to be used in a Microsoft cluster configuration, in which two servers are sharing the PV2xxS, two things are required in order for the configuration to work.

1. Two ESEM's or SEMM's must be installed. ESM's or SMM's will not work in a cluster configuration.
  2. The J8 Forced Join jumper must be installed.

There is much more that is required to create a Microsoft cluster, but these are the only two parameters on the PV2xxS that must be configured or changed in order to support clustering

3 Posts

September 27th, 2005 16:00

thanks for that, but i was aware of that info.  Its plastered everywhere.  What isn't mentioned is the model numbers for the right modules.

3 Posts

September 27th, 2005 16:00

Thanks for the help.  But I'm still wondering where I can find out regarding the model numbers.  Is anyone aware of a model number list so I can identify the module I'm after? 
No Events found!