Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2008 05:00

MD3000 error 1011 - A management connection to the RAID controller module in slot 1 must be defined

I got this error

"Error 1011 - A management connection to the RAID controller module in slot 1 must be definded to complete this operation."

Error data text (hope this is useful)

"
ERROR DATA

Command sent to RAID controller module in slot: 0
Host name: 0.0.0.0
IP address: 0.0.0.0

Return code: Error 1011 - A management connection to the RAID controller module in slot 1 must be defined to complete this operation.

If you are managing this RAID controller module directly through the Ethernet (out-of-band), you must define its management connection (IP address or host name) using the Add Storage Array option.

If you are managing this RAID controller module through a host agent (in-band), verify that all physical paths to the RAID controller module are connected and operational. Then run the hot_add utility on the affected host, and then Refresh or Rescan the Host.
Operation when error occurred: < >
Timestamp: Jul 18, 2008 9:41:52 AM"

I got this when trying to create a new virtual drive from free space of an already setup raid.  i have a 4tb raid 1 and can only make 2tb partitions on it.  so i wanted to make the 2nd partition and it gave me this error. This is all in the Modular Disk storage manager tool.

I am not even quite sure what this error means.

On a sidenote i want to know if the 2 network ports on the md3000 are required for setup?  i am only using the inband at the moment.  is it possible to configure all this with out using the network at all?

The other error i get is i Cannot sync the raid times.  gives another error. 

ERROR DATA

Command sent to RAID controller module in slot:
Host name: 0.0.0.0
IP address: 0.0.0.0

Return code: Error 1009 - A management connection to all RAID controller modules in the storage array must be accessible to complete this operation.

If you are managing this storage array directly through the Ethernet (out-of-band), a management connection to at least one RAID controller module still needs to be defined. Use the Add Storage Array option to define a management connection (IP address or host name).

If you are managing this storage array through the host agent (in-band), verify that all physical paths to the storage array are connected and operational. Then run the hot_add utility on the affected host, and then Refresh or Rescan the Host.
Operation when error occurred: < >
Timestamp: Jul 18, 2008 3:12:39 PM

IF you have any idea how i can fix the first error i would be greatful.  the 2nd would be nice but does not seem to be breaking anything.

Don

Message Edited by warzer on 07-18-2008 01:14 AM

175 Posts

July 24th, 2008 22:00

Commands to create or change a virtual disk must be sent to the controller that will own, or currently owns, the virtual disk. For this management to both controllers must be established, either via in-band or out-of-band.

It is recommended, but not required, for the out-of-band management paths to be used with the MD3000.

From your description it appears that the host you have established in-band management via has only a connection to one controller. Can you detail your configuration?

The clock sync error has the same error as the virtual disk creation one as the operation requires access to both controllers to complete the sync.

Dave

No Events found!