Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2011 09:00

Manageing MD3200i with CentOS 5.6 & 6.1

Hi all,

We have been struggling with this for a while (several weeks), and we are really frustrated

We have Dell Powervault DM3200i SAN, and we want to access the SAN from a CentOS 5.6+ or CentOS6 clients,
we tried the different MPIO, for multipath configurations, rdac gives tons of I/O errors, and tpc (

prio_callout "/sbin/mpath_prio_tpc /dev/%n"

)gives less I/O errors on the reboot but fills the /var/log/messages with so much errors.

what confuses us is that, we are using open iscsiadm, and multipath.conf in almost the standard way, any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

July 26th, 2011 12:00

I'd suggest to try a supported linux distro like Red Hat 5.6 and see if that makes a difference. There are definitely differences between Red Hat and CentOS, and these differences could be causing the errors that you're seeing.

I do assume you're using the MPIO from the resource DVD.

3 Posts

July 26th, 2011 12:00

for the sake of completely exhausting our choices, we have indeed tried RHEL 6, and we used the MPIO from the resource DVD, which installed and published the multipath.conf with the rdac, we got the mpio appearntly working but soon enough the SAN box itself froze responding.

No Events found!