Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2008 15:00

Power Vault 136T SAC 93 00 Error

Our company owns a Dell Power Vault 136T Tape library which is currently using 1 DLT drive with fully updated Firmware. We are also using a Windows 2003 Server running Backup Exec 11d with all the drivers up to date.

The tape library reports a SAC 93 00 error every time it is booted up. After reading through the documentation I decided to try a number of troubleshooting steps. First I reseated the drive, but the error returned after the library was rebooted. Second, I tried swapping out the drive with both of the spare drives we own, but the error still returned. I have also tried installing the drives in different combinations, but each time the error would return (There would be an error for each drive in the library). I don’t think that all 3 of our drives are bad, so this may be an issue caused by the drive controller.

What steps should be taken to confidently determine the root cause of this problem?

Thank you.

1 Message

December 25th, 2009 08:00

I am also having a similar error after trying to do an LTO-3 firmware upgrade.  After trying to update, (tried updating one drive) , one (total of 4) drives, the 93 error occurs.  I moved the offending drive to a number 4 position and still get the error.  After removing the drive completely, the error goes away.   I see you posted in 2008 and no replies....  Any suggestions out there?

Thanks

Dave

No Events found!